[tex-live] texlive 8

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:45:36 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:39, Karl Berry wrote:

>     What about getting Don's latest fixes incorporated in the
>     distribution?  It would be a shame to delay them for another 1.5 years
>
> I agree.  I doubt the changes are at all problematic to include.

conceptually not. but it means eg all the little .ch files
have to be checked and fixed. Thomas and Olaf looked at it,
and concluded it was more than an evenings work

> By the way, I have one other heretical idea: now that the numbers are
> getting so big, start using years instead to label the distribution --
> TL 2003, TL 2004.  The different versions can be distinguished
> just as easily either way.

what if we wanted to release it every 6 months or every 2 years?

emacs has got to 21 without changing...

I dont mind - what do others think?
--
Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>