[tex-live] texlive 8

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 5 07:44:22 CET 2003

    I just zapped Knuth's books when Thomas told me they were not allowed
    to be distributed

Really?  It's been in tex distributions forever.  It was included on the
tapes from UW, for instance.  And it's on CTAN.  Why shouldn't it be on TL?

I don't see that the copyright precludes unchanged distribution.

% This manual is copyright (C) 1984 by the American Mathematical Society.
% All rights are reserved!
% The file is distributed only for people to see its examples of TeX input,
% not for use in the preparation of books like The TeXbook.
% Permission for any other use of this file must be obtained in writing
% from the copyright holder and also from the publisher (Addison-Wesley).