[tex-live] Build problem

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sat Feb 1 18:21:10 CET 2003

> Trying to build source.development, I get the following errors when I
> 'make'. Any ideas? (I believe I have deleted every dangling copy of cweb
> on my machine.)

I have just done the following:

cp -a /t/texlive/Build/source.development /build/s.d
chmod -R +w /build/s.d
cd /build/s.d
touch x
./configure; cd TeX/texk/web2c; make; make distclean
find TeX/texk/web2c -newer x

and it displayed TeX/texk/web2c/cwebboot.c. Then, I touched TeX/texk/web2c/cwebboot.c and retried:

rm -rf /build/XX
mkdir /build/XX; cd /build/XX
/t/texlive/Build/source.development/TeX/configure
cd texk/web2c; make

Then, it worked.

Seems like the timestamp of cwebboot.c is important. Change #2772 touches the file.

Thomas