[tex-live] sparc-solaris-2.8 build problems with texinfo

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Aug 22 15:16:36 CEST 2003

    The auto* run was done by make when it hit the texinfo directory.

How frustrating.  Perhaps the timestamps were wrong when it was imported
into TL.  That seems to happen often.  Hopefully we don't have to try to
fix this for this year.

    AC_CHECK_HEADERS_ONCE(fcntl.h sys/time.h unistd.h)

I'm afraid that's correct.  The space separators are conventional for
auto*.  The invocation us the same on my system, and it works.  I can't
say why it's failing there :(.

    Enjoying this hot, humid New England weather?

I'm on the west coast now :).  We're having a nice day here today :).

    Its steamy down here in Providence.

Ah, I can believe it. I lived in Providence (Cranston actually) for a
year, and it was HUMID.  We spent most of the summer in our basement :).