[tex-live] Re: rc from 20/21

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Thu Aug 21 19:40:04 CEST 2003

> this is now fixed, so far as I can see. I have also made quite an
> important change by putting in a new updmap and texmf.cnf, and changing
> the location of map files for pdftex, dvipdfm, pdftex, and ps2pk; this

1) The other map and enc files from texmf/dvips could be mv'ed, too.
2) And the files from pdftex/config/context could be mv'ed if TEXINPUTS.context
is extended to look at the "new" place for map files, too:
  TEXINPUTS.context = .;$TEXMF/{{pdfetex,pdftex,etex,tex}/{context,plain,generic,},fonts/map/{pdftex,}}//

These ugly search paths can go away next year (if we get the new kpathsea
search paths until then).

3) What about the texmf/etex -> texmf/tex and texmf/pdftex -> texmf/tex
move?

Thomas