[tex-live] pdftexdir/README, pdftexdir/NEWS and pdftexdir/pdftex-syntaxt.txt

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed Aug 20 14:42:44 CEST 2003

> These are the only up-to-date documentation for pdfTeX and must be put
> somewhere under Master (pdftex-syntaxt.txt already is);
> texmf/doc/pdftex/ seems like the best place. I could just put them
> there but I suspect that at least some tpms need to be updated...

For the moment, there is a binary/bin-pdftex.tpm and a
package/pdftex.tpm . I suspect that part of the (doc) files of the
package should go to the binary tpm.

Could we arrange this so that texmf/doc/pdftex/base holds the
documentation for the binary tpm and that the files for the rest (plain
pdftex, etc.) be put in some sibling node ?

Fabrice