[tex-live] Problem with \textsl and times, can this be confirmed?

Peter Denisevich pdenis2@attbi.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:46:22 -0700

Works OK for me with TexLive7, dvips(k) 5.90a, and gnu-ghostscript 7.05.

Could you show us the font map line(s) for the faked slanted font ptmro?

I just went through a possibly similar problem installing some lucidabr fonts.
Turns out I had incorrectly entered a map line of

(wrong) hlhro8r LucidaBright-Oblique ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <hlhr8a.pfb

(right) hlhro8r LucidaBright ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <hlhr8a.pfb

The "Oblique" doesn't belong there.  Had me pulling my hair out for 2 days...

--
"'I could have done it in a _much_ more complicated way', said the Red Queen,
 immensely proud."  -- quoted in Froberg, Intro. to Numerical Analysis, 1969.