[tex-live] pdftex choking on czhyph

Petr Olsak olsak@math.feld.cvut.cz
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:02:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Thomas Esser wrote:

> So, for the technical solution:
>
> 1) putting czhyphen.tex somewhere below texmf/tex/generic is wrong if
>    this file is not really generic. Files in generic should always be
>    compatible with plain (at least). If it works with csplain / cslatex,
>    I suggest to put it into texmf/tex/csplain. If it works with latex /
>    cslatex, I suggest to put it into texmf/tex/latex/misc.
>
> 2) I suggest to put a new language.dat into texmf/tex/plain/config
>
> The language.dat file in 2) will be used for all plain-based format
> files which do not have their own language.dat file (e.g. frtex). And,
> this language.dat fill not have a commented or uncommented line for
> czech.

The first idea about the technical solution can't be the best.

I am ready to add the one line macro code into czhyphen.tex, skhyphen.tex
in order to these files can be included from everywhere: from babelised
LaTeX, from csplain, cslatex and from babelised plain. We leave these
files in its historical place: texmf/tex/csplain and remove its
duplicates: czhyph.tex and skhyph.tex. Only the following change in
the babel's language.dat should be done:

czhyph.tex -> czhyphen.tex
skhyph.tex -> skhyphen.tex

I will add this one line macro code after the pdfTeX base format
downgrades to its historical original meaning. I am waiting for removing
the path from pdftex.ini, it means to removing babel from pdftex format.
You can name the babelised plain by another name.

> Thomas

Best regards

Petr Olsak