[tex-live] HPUX 10.20 compilations problems

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:34:23 +0200

> This time I tried the source file currently found at CTAN. No such luck.
> configure wouldn't come through.

Someone else has to comment this. The failing component is not part of
teTeX and I have no idea hat goes wrong there.

> One odd thing though. When I did test it, there seemed to be a small idle
> period before latex started giving any output. Any idea why this happens?

Slow CPU, slow IO (network, slow disk), inefficient OS ...

I get on my PC:

$ time latex small2e
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.7)
Output written on small2e.dvi (1 page, 1716 bytes).
Transcript written on small2e.log.

real    0m0.064s
user    0m0.040s
sys     0m0.020s

There is not much time for a long delay during 0.064s ...

> It might have something to do with the wierd option someone gave me
>
> --without-cnxx-runtime-hack

This does not affect latex at all.

Thomas