[tex-live] HPUX 10.20 compilations problems

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:58:15 +0200

> 	./../klibtool link c++ -o pdftex ...
>               -nodefaultlibs -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -Wl,-Bdynamic -lgcc -lc
>
> The use of static, dynamic around libstdc++ suggests you enabled the
> cxx hack.  It also suggests that the implementation of this hack only
> works if you're using gcc _and_ GNU ld.

Well, the implementation is done in such a way that the hack is only
enabled if a test program can be linked and run successfully. The hack
does not work (i.e. the c++ runtime lib will not be linked statically)
in this case, but it also does no harm.

I am sure that pdftex will run (even though the linker has issued a
few warnings).

Thomas