[tex-live] babel's greek nonfree

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh@sharif.edu
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:46:02 +0330 (IRT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

> And just because you don't like the restriction, we should turn our
> little world up-side-donw? And of course the word "fixed" sounds like
> a blackmail to me!

Sorry Apostolos, it's not me, and I hope you're not taking any offense.
It's a sharp guideline established by TeX Live and teTeX maintainers (and
if I recall correctly, even CTAN, in placing the software somewhere). They
may be able to bend it for you or babel or ..., but their entire software
may be then considered nonfree software by people in the higher level
(users, redistributors, ...)

roozbeh