[tex-live] Another current compile failure on Mac OS X

Gerben Wierda Sherlock@rna.nl
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:14:42 +0100

On Wednesday, Nov 20, 2002, at 17:45 Europe/Amsterdam, Olaf Weber wrote:

> Gerben Wierda writes:
>
>>> ./../klibtool link gcc2 -o mfw   mfini.o mf0.o mf1.o mf2.o mfextra.o
>>> window/window.a       lib/lib.a ../kpathsea/libkpathsea.la -lm
>
>>> gcc2 -o mfw mfini.o mf0.o mf1.o mf2.o mfextra.o window/window.a
>>> lib/lib.a ../kpathsea/STATIC/libkpathsea.a -lm
>
>>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>>> _getjobname
>
>> That could be something related to the previous problem, with some
>> file not removed by a make clean, or it could be something else. Does
>> anyone know where to look?
>
> _getjobname should come from _mfextra.o.  Remove mf, mfextra.o, and
> mfextra.c, then run make again.

Again, that did the trick. But weird, because why didn't make clean
remove it on my system? Might it be because I have been switching
between a perforce dump of 'now' versus 'a few days back'?