[tex-live] src specials fixes

Olaf Weber olaf@infovore.xs4all.nl
31 May 2002 21:28:17 +0200

Sebastian Rahtz writes:
> On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 08:00:07PM +0200, Olaf Weber wrote:

>> Under the circumstances, I'm very much tempted to use

>> This isn't TeX, Version 3.14159

> sorry, but I think this looks too much like a joke,
> and will confuse people with less-than-perfect English.

You are correct in that it looks like a (bad) joke, and that this
isn't a good idea.

For what it's worth, if we just print another line indicating source
specials are enabled, we may need to change one (1) omega source file.
In total, the change I'd prefer then touches:
        texk/web2c/tex.ch
        texk/web2c/lib/texmfmp.c
        texk/web2c/omegadir/comsrcspec.ch

If we try to change the banner, it looks like we'll need to make
changes to get etex and pdftex to compile again, because their change
files mess with the banner string as well.  Probably we'll have to add
additional change files to the setup.  That is, I cannot figure out
right now how to avoid changing
        ./tie -c etex.ch etex.web ./tex.ch ./etexdir/tex.ech
into
        ./tie -c etex.ch etex.web ./etexdir/tex.pch ./tex.ch ./etexdir/tex.ech
and similar for pdf(e)tex.

--
Olaf Weber