Update on font problem, was: Re: [tex-live] xdvi - bad news

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 25 May 2002 22:32:42 +0100

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 03:21:48PM +0200, Stefan Ulrich wrote:

> Good - just to make sure: Is this the ps2pk.map on the CD image,
> or is it created in the `local' user directories
> (/usr/TeX/texmf-var/dvips/config seems to be the default) when
> the user selects `R' (run from CD-ROM) in install-cd.sh? It
> seems that in my case the problem was also that no appropriate
> local files had been installed by that step:

I have just fixed the install so that the "R" option
installs stuff in the selected VARTEXMF and runs updmap
on the local copy of updmap.cfg. So you get complete
.map files created on your local disk space.

I am very happy with this new setup based on updmap.
It seems clean and efficient.