[tex-live] Re: recent image on W2K - old and new problems

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@guests.ipipan.gda.pl
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:23:09 +0200 (CEST)

Janusz Bien wrote:
> Sorry, but I don't know how to try them.

TeXSetup can be run from the hard disk, e.g.:
c:\zzz\texsetup.exe --local-source-directory=e:\
where e: is CD-ROM drive letter, see: texsetup --help

Fabrice Popineau wrote:
> You have the opportunity to chose a directory for
> the packages who have no installer, but this is the _root_ directory
> where they will be unpacked, ie: give c:\tmp to get c:\tmp\NTEmacs. I
> can't do it otherwise, because the NTEmacs part is in the zip file
> already.

Great! So it can be even installed on other hard disk, I hope.
Many people still keep boot drive (c:) as small as possible because
it is easier to repair it after windows crashes ;-)

Will try TeXSetup you've attached in some while. Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl