[tex-live] tldoc

Kaja Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Sun, 19 May 2002 14:00:51 +0200

At 4:15 AM +0200 5/19/02, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:

>  > anyone can run makeimage who has an account on www.tug.org

In principle, yes, but I think this is a bad idea.
It makes a lot of sense to me to have  *one* version of current/final
TL image on tug.org. Besides, if several people use 'makeimage',  we'll
end up with a confetti  of images in the Images area.
Then there is another problem: even though TUG server provides ample
disk space, the fact is that if all people suddenly decide to make their own
image it will probably crash the server...

>so html files still read the *old* Welcome-to-TeXLive.gif :(
>  .jpg file is not referenced, so obsolete here.

There are licensing questions related to the use of .gif images.
May I ask why are we having .gif images on TeXLive CD at all?
Surely .png and .jpg could do the job?

Kaja