[tex-live] texlive7 and MacOSX

Michel Bovani michel.bovani@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 18 May 2002 17:21:52 +0200

Le 18/05/02 16:19, « Nelson H. F. Beebe » <beebe@math.utah.edu> a écrit :

> Michel Bovani <michel.bovani@wanadoo.fr> reports a problem with the
> install-cd.sh on MacOSX (10.1.4).
>
> Apple doesn't distribute bash with MacOSX, but I had no difficulty
> installing the latest bash version
>
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/bash/bash-doc-2.05a.tar.gz
>
> You might try
>
> bash < install-cd.sh

I had already installed bash-2.05...

Unfortunately :

[localhost:~] mbova% cd /Volumes/TeXLive-7-20020515/
[localhost:/Volumes/TeXLive-7-20020515] mbova% sudo bash < install-cd.sh
Password:
Initializing collections... Counting selected collections... Done counting.
Calculating disk space requirements for collections...Done calculating that.
Counting selected collections... Done counting.
Calculating disk space requirements for collections...Done calculating that.
Done initializing collections.
Initializing system packages... Done initializing systems.

 ===================> TeX Live installation procedure <==================

===> Note: Letters/digits in <angle brackets> indicate menu items <===
===>       for commands or configurable options                   <===

    Proposed platform:
    <P> over-ride system detection and choose platform
    <B> binary systems:           out of  3
    <S> Installation scheme (texlive_recommended)
    [customizing installation scheme:
       <C> standard collections   <L> language collections]
     1 out of 57, disk space required:  12960 kB
    <D> directories:
      TEXDIR      (The main TeX directory)        : /usr/TeX
      TEXMFLOCAL  (Directory for local styles etc): /usr/TeX/texmf-local
      VARTEXMF (Directory for local config)       : /usr/TeX/texmf-var
    <O> options:
       [ ] alternate directory for generated fonts ()
       [ ] create symlinks in standard directories
       [ ] do not install macro/font doc tree
       [ ] do not install macro/font source tree
    <R> do not install files, set up to run off CD-ROM
    <I> start installation,  <H> help,  <Q> quit

Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:

[...]

Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command:
Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: Enter command: ^Z
[1]  +  6222 Suspended                     sudo bash < install-cd.sh
[localhost:/Volumes/TeXLive-7-20020515] mbova%

--
Michel Bovani