[tex-live] tl7 special editions

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 18 May 2002 17:13:19 +0100

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 08:01:46PM +0430, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2002, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>
> > you are welcome to track the Perforce repository. I didnt
> > say I would not change that!
>
> I was thinking what some Open Source projects have as an stable branch,
> something like Mozilla's 1.0.x series:
>
> 	http://mozilla.org/roadmap.html#tree-management

Sure, I could branch off the TeX Live //depot/Master tree.
I am a little reluctant to impose on Dante, mind you,
to extent of occupying another gigabye of their disk.

the *source* is branched already, of course.

the Open Source people usually have it easy, as they just
deal with source files, and not the HUGE burden of the texmf
tree.....