[tex-live] gsftopk missing?

Stefan Ulrich stefan.ulrich@elexir.de
Tue, 14 May 2002 13:05:02 +0200

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:01:44PM +0200, Stefan Ulrich wrote:
>>
>> % ps2pk as well as xdvik has no "build-in" fonts. We can reuse the map file.
>> dvipsmap ps2pk.map

> the problem is that TeXLive is too configurable. there are 75 separate
> packages which have map files, and these are added to pdftex.cfg and config.ps
> at install time. I don't have the expertise to work out what
> xdvi wants as equivalent - can I just add lines of the form
>  dvipsmap musixtex.map
> when, eg, musixtex is installed?

AFAIK that ought to work (but someone please try - I don't have
TeXLive available at the moment), given that the following
conditions hould:

- the encodings used need to be listed in the xdvi.cfg file as well

- the .enc files should contain only simple encoding vectors,
  no advanced Postscript stuff (most .enc files seem to satisfy
  this - but I think you're the expert on this ;). Xdvi will
  exit(1) if the t1lib function used to parse the encoding
  file fails (it ought to fall back on PK, but this can't be fixed
  right now).

- the .map files should contain references to .pfbs, i.e. all lines
  should end with something like:
     <xyz.pfb
  (but it's not fatal if some lines don't, it will fall back on
  a PK version of that font in this case)

Best,
Stefan