[tex-live] gsftopk missing?

Stefan Ulrich stefan.ulrich@elexir.de
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:01:44 +0200

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> can anyone volunteer to test a variety of things with xdvi
> and tell me how to proceed? preferably before tomorrow

FWIW, here's the full xdvi.cfg from teTeX-beta as a starting point:

---------- xdvi.cfg begin
% Comments may only start in the first column in xdvi cfg files.
%
% Nicolai Langfeldt 2001.6.5
% Changes by Thomas Esser for teTeX, Sat Nov  3 23:33:54 CET 2001.

% Here we enumerate all the encodings we want xdvi to recognize as
% an "implied" encoding.  Which means that ptmr8r will be recognized as
% ptmr 8r encoded and ptmr8y is ptmr encoded with 8y.  If the font file
% we want to 8r encode is named ptmr8a then we need a map file entry.

% NOTE: the enc files used by xdvi, like the .map files can be much
% like the ones dvips uses (this is new, the syntax used to be
% restricted, this is also why there is no .enc files enclosed in the
% xdvik distribution anymore).  xdvi _cannot_ really parse postscript
% though, so % the vectors must under no circumstances need postscript
% execution.

%       Postfix Encoding name           Defined by this file
enc     8r      TeXBase1Encoding        8r.enc
enc     8c      CorkEncoding            cork.enc
enc     8y      TeXnANSIEncoding        texnansi.enc

% ps2pk as well as xdvik has no "build-in" fonts. We can reuse the map file.
dvipsmap ps2pk.map
---------- xdvi.cfg end