[tex-live] And it was thanks to Mac OS X that the omega bug was found...

Gerben Wierda sherlock@rna.nl
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:58:29 +0200

Omega crashed. But since fmtutil reported a succesful creation of
omega.fmt and lambda.fmt, nobody noticed, also because almost nobody
uses omega. But on Mac OS X, there is a little program called
CrashReporter and when you have the Console.app running in the
background, any crash is displayed for 20 seconds or so in a separate
window for each crashing program that pops up. Very smooth, it hides
itself again after a configurable amount of time.

So, while everything seemed to go smooth and it was hard to notice from
the output of running texconfig init or fmtutil runs, on my machine on
every dump run of omega, I got that nasty crash window coming up telling
me omega had crashed.