CD TeX Live bug report

Lukas Petrlik luki@kiv.zcu.cz
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:22:15 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have a few bug reports concerning the TeX Live 6 CD:

1) in install-cd.sh I selected "Support for Czech/Slovak"; after the
   installation procedure completes, the file
   texmf/tex/generic/config/language.cz.dat is present, but skhyph.tex
   mentioned within this file is missing.

   The creation of latex.fmt etc. then fails; the following message
   appears in texmf-var/texconfig.log:

   ! I can't find file `skhyph.tex'.

   To copy the file skhyph.tex from the CD ROM solves the problem.

2) I tried to install the TeX Live 6 on my Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 system
   (kernel version 2.0.34) and found that most of the binaries fail
   with a SEGFAULT. TeX Live versions 4 and 5 run OK on the same
   system and TeX Live 6 runs OK on Debian 2.2.

   Since the binaries are compiled without debugging info, I could not
   trace them. I guess that the problem is a mismatch of the shared
   library interface.

   It would be helpful if prerequisites for running the TeX Live on
   Linux were listed in a readme.

3) It would be also nice to note that a c++ compiler & libraries are
   necessary to compile the sources (or better, the configure script
   should warn that no c++ compiler was found and disable compiling
   pdftex and friends).

Your sincerely
--
Lukas Petrlik  <luki@kiv.zcu.cz>