[tex-live] the size debate

Vladimir Volovich vvv@vsu.ru
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:17:46 +0300

"SR" == Sebastian Rahtz writes:

 SR>  * we make a single CD with the above configuration (and keep
 SR> pruning packages where possible) * we make a second CD *image
 SR> only* with extra Unix binaries, which interested Unix sysadmins
 SR> can burn for themselves. it might exclude some other stuff like
 SR> the FAQ, usergrps etc.

You can also keep the whole texlive Master tree as is, and only
exclude stuff from ISO images by passing corresponding arguments to
mkisofs.

and you can remove README.MAC and joliet.sit and instead use the -hfs
option of mkisofs

[there's also no need to put russian HTML docs in many encodings --
just put the proper META tag inside the HTML]

Best,
v.