[tex-live] too many files

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 06:10:45 +0100 (CET)

What about keeping texmf/sorce/ in zip files, e.g. every directory below
texmf/sorce/fonts/
texmf/sorce/generic/
texmf/sorce/latex/
texmf/sorce/latex3/
texmf/sorce/plain/

and remaining directories ziped below
texmf/sorce/

We can spare 30-40MB (and have smaller .tpm files ;-)

Again, /usergrps seems to contain not so fresh stuff, so it would be
enough to provide link to tug.org from the main readme.html (10MB to spare).

/lib and /include are to zap. /sources are rather important.

Kaja's list of binaries: alpha-linux i386-linux sparc-solaris2.7 win32 MacOSX
sounds resonable. Sorry for forgoting MacOSX.

>> what are other people's views on cm-super? useful or not?
> Very useful. Haven't we waited for EC PostScript fonts since Cork?

In fact we have already qxcm Type1 fonts set on TL since 2000, which
contains almost all glyphs used in Europe. But nobody wanted to provide
auxiliary files for using them as T1 in LaTeX ;-}}
OK, we can have cm-super...

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl