[tex-live] TeXLive 7 installation on WinXP

Lars Madsen daleif@imf.au.dk
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:19:44 +0200 (METDST)

Did anyone get the new TeXLive 7 installed on a WinXP system?

I did it succesfully on a linux system (my best LaTeX system ever) but now
I'm installing it on WinXP for a friend and here we have some problems.

We just chose the generic full installation, but now when we run latex
fil.tex it says it can't find the latex.fmt file.

Usually when I want the ls-R database updated I just use texhash but that
resolves also in some problems, it says some $TEXMFCONF (or something like
that) wasn't pointing to correct dir.

Any ideas on how to solve this.

I think for the time being I'll just install TL 6 instead I know that one
works well on WinXP

/daleif
F2.10 - Institut for Matematiske Fag, Matematisk Afdeling
Århus Universitet