[tex-live] Re: tex-live-20020401 image

Daniel Flipo Daniel.Flipo@univ-lille1.fr
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:04:35 +0200 (CEST)

I have been able to test the new image, using the iso file directly
on a loop device, without having to burn a CD ;-)

It installs fine except that there are some missing files:
-- in tex-latexextra, the directory ltxmisc is missing
-- in tex-texbooks, no directory Books is available

Formats cont-en jadetex and pdfjadetex fail to be built.
It seems to be because ulem.sty is missing (it's part of ltxmisc).

Sorry, Sebastian, for this bad news: while the image seems to be
slightly over 700mb, i still complain about missing files :-(

I have some questions about the permissions set in the
texmf-var directory : texmf-var itself and most of its subdirectories
are world writable, even if the varfonts feature is enabled
(fonts are created under /var/texfonts on my machine).
Any reason for this ?

Daniel Flipo                        Courriel : Daniel.Flipo@univ-lille1.fr
UFR de Mathématiques -- Bâtiment M2      Tél : (33/0) 3 20 43 67 75
Université des Sciences et Technologies  Fax : (33/0) 3 20 43 67 74
F-59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex          France