[tex-live] TL6 install report

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:44:10 +0100

Petr Sojka writes:
 > /packages/run/links/bin/gtar: Could not create file man/man1/hbf2gf.1 : Permission denied
 >
 > Maybe because of installing for 4 platforms in parallel?

no. a genuine error on my part. hbf2gf.1 is listed in two packages,
which is wrong. my normal checking to catch this seems to have failed.

 > As I selected installing all, language.dat contains all language
 > hyphenation patterns (20+). As it seems to be too much,
 > I'd suggest some language selection instead (for the case "install all").

if you selected all the languages, then you get what you asked for..

it works fine on systems where I have tried it

 > pdfetex and mpost binaries were not installed
 > by install script
eh? metapost is in the "metapost" package, and pdfetex in the "etex"
 package

 > -- one needs manual install
 > as they are requested by texconfig
but texconfig should recover gracefully if they are not found, surely?

 > (/packages/share/texlive-6/texmf/tex/generic/babel/babel.def)
 > ! Missing number, treated as zero.
 > <to be read again>
 >                    \l@hungarian
 > l.596 \ldf@finish\CurrentOption

yikes. does that work under eg teTeX? is this a babel bug?

sebastian