[tex-live] Again tldoc changes for TL6

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:08:14 +0100 (MET)

Again slightly changed diff for TL6 documentation
sun2.dante.de/texlive/Build/cdbuild/tldocsource/live.tex
Barbara, thanks for corrections.

I've added one more link to Fabrice's docs. I hope that in live.tex
such things should be only mentioned/signalized, and more detailed
description is to be found on the fptex pages (very good!, by the way).

36,37c36,37
< \title{The \protect\TeX\ Live Guide, 5th edition}
< \date{April 2000}
---
> \title{The \protect\TeX\ Live Guide, 6th edition}
> \date{April 2001}
45c45
<   main features of the \TeXLive{} 5 \CD{}\Dash a \TeX{}/\LaTeX{}
---
>   main features of the \TeXLive{} 6 \CD{}\Dash a \TeX{}/\LaTeX{}
92c92
< pdf\TeX{} (version 0.14f) and \OMEGA{} (version 1.11) are under continual
---
> pdf\TeX{} (version 0.14h) and \OMEGA{} (version 1.15) are under continual
94c94
< mid March 2000.
---
> mid March 2001.
102a103
> \item[books] Examples related to some books about \TeX.
124,125c125,133
< \subsection[The TDS tree]{The \protect\TDS{} tree}
< \label{tdstree}
---
> Additional \texttt{setupw32} directory is dedicated for Windows users.
> It contains \texttt{TeXSetup.exe} installation program
> (see section \ref{ssec:wininst} on p.~\pageref{ssec:wininst})
> and some other programs (editors, TeX shells), which usually are
> absent from Windows installations. Beginners should appreciate
> the contents of the directory.
>
> \subsection[Packages and collections]{Packages and collections}
> \label{packages}
127c135
< each of which has a set of `packages', of which there are over 400
---
> each of which has a set of `packages', of which there are over 700
295c303
< the default installation directory is \path|/usr/local|; note
---
> the default installation directory is \path|/usr/TeX|; note
298,299c306,307
< need about 100 megabytes of disk free; however, the basic setup will
< only take about 10 megabytes, and you can enhance it with selected
---
> need about 165 megabytes of disk free; however, the basic setup will
> only take about 20 megabytes, and you can enhance it with selected
304c312,315
< support tree in \path|texmf|.
---
> support tree in \path|texmf|. An additional tree \path|texmf-var|
> will contain copies of configuration files (except the main
> \path|texmf.cnf|), which are to be modified by \path|texsetup| program.
> This tree will also store generated format files for \TeX, \MF, etc.
349c360
< \cmdname{man} and \acro{GNU} \cmdname{info} pages in the `standard'
---
> binaries, \cmdname{man} and \acro{GNU} \cmdname{info} pages in the `standard'
494,497c505,506
< This section only applies to systems running Windows 9x or \acro{NT}.
< If you run Windows 3.1, you will have to install \texttt{emTeX}
< from the top level \texttt{systems} directory by
< hand.
---
> \label{sec:wintex}
> This section only applies to systems running Windows 9x, 2000 or \acro{NT}.
527c536
< \subsection{Installing to your hard disk}
---
> \subsection{Installing to your hard disk}\label{ssec:wininst}
533c542
< level at which each collection is installed (see section \ref{tdstree})
---
> level at which each collection is installed (see section \ref{packages})
537,539c546,553
< to install the main distribution, and your local configuration. In
< addition, you will be able to install a \TeX{} editor
< and the PostScript viewer Ghostscript.
---
> to install the main distribution, and your local configuration.
> Additionally, you will be able to install an editor for \TeX{} (pfe
> or the much more advanced Emacs), simple integrated environment
> (TeXShell or Winshell), the PostScript viewer Ghostscript and some
> other supplementary programs (psutils, netpbm, etc.).
> See also \OnCD{texmf/doc/html/fptex/fptexse3.html} for the detailed
> desciption of the installation process and the overview of the available
> supplementary tools.
557a572,576
> Observe that currently used configuration files and
> format files are stored in the additional \path|texmf-var| tree.
> Notes about the configuration for Windows users can be found in
> \OnCD{texmf/doc/html/fptex/fptexse4.html}.

1775a1795,1796

> The present, 6th edition, contains all material updated.

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl