[tex-live] Installation Problems

c.wartena@linguatec-es.de c.wartena@linguatec-es.de
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:32:20 +0000

Dear Sir or Madam,

a few months ago I have installed (LaTeX) from your TeX Live CD (Version
5c 06/2000) without problems on a Win98 PC. Now I have another machine
running
under Windows NT. I have made a number of attempts to install LaTeX, but
all
failed. Running TeX aborts with the following message:

E:\texfiles\papers\mpdpaper>latex test
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2c 7.3.2x)
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

This file indeed isn't on the computer, but copying it to some place in
the path doesn't have any effect. So I assume TeX expects it to be in a
certain
directory, which one? Moreover, windvi doesn't find any pixel files and
aborts
with a fatal error.

I hope you can give me some hints what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Christian Wartena

--
Dr. Christian Wartena