[tex-live] TeX Live 6 available for ordering

TUG Office tug-office@tug.org (TUG Office), tex-live@tug.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:54:30 +0200 (CEST)

TeX Live 6 is almost ready! It has a runnable system for major Unix variants
(SGI, Sun, IBM, Compaq, HP), Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows 32
(Windows NT, 95, 98, 2000) systems. GNU Ghostscript 6.50 and Gnu Emacs
are included, along with many other useful utilities.

The TeX Users Group has arranged with Sebastian Rahtz, the editor of the
TeX Live CD-ROM, to act as the distributor of TeX Live 6, the 2001
release of TeX Live. In doing so, TUG aims to support Sebastian's heroic
efforts in creating this CD and to provide it at nominal cost to TeX
users worldwide.

Great care has been taken to ensure that the TeX Live 6 CD contains
only software without restrictions on usage or redistribution.
Specifically all of TeX Live is compliant with the "Debian Free Software
Guidelines" (http://www.debian.org/intro/free), to the best of our
knowledge. License information is on the CD-ROM in the file LICENSE.TL6.
TeX Live 6 contains full sources for all programs and packages for
those who wish to see how it was put together or experiment with
modifications.

The manufacturing date of TL6 will be June/July 2001. We expect to
mail the CD to you shortly thereafter. We expect to be able to offer
TeX Live to your user group at a cost of US $0.58 per copy, and will
absorb the shipping cost. If this price is infeasible for your group, please
contact us to work out an arrangement.

We cannot determine exact shipping costs until we know the quantity each
group or individual orders. Our research indicates that DHL is very
competitive and specializes in international shipping. On request, the
office will provide you with the appropriate bill number so you can
track the shipment on the appropriate website.

Finally and most importantly, your response is requested: please respond
to tex-live@tug.org as soon as possible with your desired quantity, even
if that quantity is zero. Please also inform us if your country requires
any special customs arrangements, if you have a preferred courier
service, or other such shipping arrangements.

TUG may be able to fulfill repeat orders if you run out, but please
don't count on this: order as many as you think you will need for the
entire year. Unfortunately we can't afford to hold a large stock in
reserve.

Thanks, and happy TeX'ing,
tex-live@tug.org

Please reply to: tex-live@tug.org