[tex-live] Re: Fw: Questions

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:06:57 +0200 (MET DST)

Robin writes:
> Hmmm.  Can anyone help?

> >      I received the new CD you sent. Tonight I had a few hours to kill
> > trying to get it to work.
> > .... etc. etc.
> > If there is already a demo on the disk, I
> > can't get to it.
> > I have written
> > TeX and LaTeX documents for years on my computer on campus with no
> > problems. I await your response. Please help me.
> >
> >  Johnny Brown

Yes, I can help. But, instead of hearing so much complaining,
I'd like to know:
1. computer and operating system;
2. preferred format (Plain, LaTeX, perhaps Johnny Brown still uses
   old LaTeX209?)
3. what exactly doesn't work?

It is somehow interesting that a person, who have written TeX and LaTeX
documents `for years', needs any demo document. There is so many on the CD,
depending preferred format, TeX engine, etc.

Anyway, I know that the TL documentation still has some drawbacks,
but nobody wants to help the *very* small TL team. I didn't hear any
comments: how the documentation can be corrected and improved.

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl