[tex-live] more on new TL6 packages and install

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:34:11 +0100

I have rejigged all the packages and collections for TeXLive, and
folded in the binaries. This means that you'll only install "csplain"
if you ask for the "LangCzech" collection; clearly, this is the
Right Thing, but I have barely been able to test it. If any of you
have the time and technology to test some of the possibilities, I'd be
most glad.

What I'd *really* like is for someone to undertake the laborious task
for putting all the documentation (man pages, HTML etc etc) in the
right place, so that you only get "man/man1/omega.1" installed if you
request the omega collection.

I *hope* I can stop now for a bit, and let Fabrice get
a Windows setup back in place that is compatible with the files as
they are now arranged. I am not entirely happy with the state of play,
and Fabrice and I have been discussing some of the implications, but
hopefully we can get in sync, and then develop further.

Sebastian