TeXLive5 Installation

Carpe Diem Carpe Diem" <xaruf.elsuriv@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:20:27 +0200

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C028AF.9C4C2E40

Hi,
I'm french and a GUTenberg member, not a TUG, and I use the TeXLive 5 =
20000710
I've a question on the additional packages loaded from Internet.
The TeXSetup Wizard load some packages - like french, perl, xemacs, =
imagick - and places them in the repertory c:\windows\temp before to =
unpack.  If these files already exist, SetUp do not reload them, good =
idea. This technique is effective but could be it still more if the =
Setup Wizard checked before connecting on the Web these files do not =
exist. Two interests with this modification: =20
  1.. It there of connection Web only if necessary.
  2.. Most significant. It's simply to back up these files and to put =
them in the file c:\windows\temp to be able to make an easy installation =
with these additional packages on a machine without an Internet =
connection.
Regards.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C028AF.9C4C2E40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm french and a GUTenberg member, not =
a TUG, and I=20
use the TeXLive 5 20000710</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've a question on the additional =
packages loaded=20
from Internet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The TeXSetup Wizard load some packages =
- like=20
french, perl, xemacs, imagick - and places them in the repertory =
c:\windows\temp=20
before to unpack.&nbsp; If these files already exist, SetUp do not =
reload them,=20
good idea.&nbsp;This technique is effective but could be it still more =
if the=20
Setup Wizard checked before connecting on the Web these files do not=20
exist.&nbsp;Two interests with this modification:&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<OL>
  <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It there of connection Web only if=20
  necessary.</FONT></LI>
  <LI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Most significant. It's&nbsp;simply to =
back up=20
  these files and to put them in the file c:\windows\temp to be able to =
make an=20
  easy installation with these additional packages on a machine =
without&nbsp;an=20
  Internet connection.</FONT></LI></OL><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>Regards.<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C028AF.9C4C2E40--