config for ps fonts

Peter Flynn pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:13:50 +0100 (BST)

I must be missing something (brain cells?)

When I add a new PS font from a CD-ROM (eg BitStream), I do the usual
afm2tfm and move the files to the relevant subdirectories under
texmf/fonts, then create a .fd file and a .sty file so I can use them
in LaTeX in the normal way, then add a line per fontfile to (eg)
bitstrea.map and make sure config.ps references it. This has worked
fine for years.

Suddenly under TL5d neither dvips nor windvi can display anything
because mktexpk is trying to run metafont! Something is obviously
missing somewhere: where does mktexpk look to see if it needs to run
gsftopk or metafont? dvips fails also, which is equally puzzling,
as in the past it has been the presence of the font line in the .map
file which says "I'm a PostScript font not a Metafont font".

///Peter