Live 5d. Thank you. Setup crash. One question.

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:23:48 +0000 (GMT)

Christer Gustafsson writes:
 > *2.
 > Win98. The autoexec and config files are write protected. This makes
 > setup crash. It so does without a sensible error message.

thats surprising, because I have often installed it under 98. any
comments, Fabrice?

 > *3.
 > With write enabled system files the setup was rerun after a
 > Registry edit-delete according to a readme.txt by Papineau(?).
Fabrice Popineau :-}

 > Some errors and missing files were reported to the log file.
 > My log file is attached: all lines "Copy..." have been removed
 > to shorten it. setup.zip. The errors and
 > missing and whatever have been collected in the attached file
 > setup.err.
I'll let Fabrice comment

 > *4.
 > Question: I understand the CD contains the latest version of
 > LaTeX.
yes, in texmf/source/latex/base

 > TeX is a Y&Y TeX. Where do I read about how to
 > create a new LaTeX format(?) ?.

in the documentation for Y&Y TeX! I cannot recall offhand what their
incantation is.

 > At present the user is not all happy, however. Rain has been
 > uninterrupted for one and a half months. Temperatures are very high
 > for the season. This all agrees with the predictions of the
 > global warming models.

TeX Live has no system (yet) for preventing global warming.

sebastian