TeX-LIVE bug reports

Michal Sevcenko SITE sevcenko@vc.cvut.cz
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:02:35 +0200

dear developers,

 First I would like to thank you for a great job, TeX-LIVE is really an
excellent package!

But I think I've found two small bugs.

This applies to TeX-LIVE 5, image texlive-20000602, Win32 port:

 1) if I install the distribution to the directory, whose name contains
space(s) (e.g. "C:\Program Files\TeX"), distribution does not work
properly. E.g. typing "kpsewhich latex.fmt" does not report any occurence
of such a file. If I use MS-DOS equivalent name (e.g. "C:\Progra~1\TeX"),
it works OK.

You may consider to warn user not to use path with spaces during setup, or
convert user's path to MS-DOS equivalent name (using Win32 API function
GetShortPathName), or just make a small note in the manual (maybe it is
already there ? ;-)

 2) some batch files in $(TEX)\bin\win32 (e.g. amstex.bat) use UNIX line
breaks (line feeds only). This is OK under NTs, but 98s (and maybe 95s too)
cannot run such batchfiles. If I fix these files manually, they work OK.

 with best regards,

  Michal Sevcenko