forwarded message from Nelte, Karen

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:19:40 +0200 (MET DST)

Karen,

I am forwarding your letter to the texlive mailing list.

Kaja

------- start of forwarded message -------

From: "Nelte, Karen" <KNelte@cessna.textron.com>
To: support@tug.org
Subject: TeX Live 4 installation on Win95
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 14:14:20 -0500

Hi,

I ran \systems\msdos\emtex\install.exe from the TeX Live 4 CD, and it
seemed to go ok until I got a message saying to reboot and after that
run the <install_dir>\emtex\install\install program to complete
installation.  When I did that and tried to create a format file for
latex2e (latex.fmt), I got a Windows error "General Protection
Exception".  I rebooted and tried again and the same thing happened.  I
checked autoexec.bat and it had been updated to set the environment
correctly.  (On WinNT, I had to set the environment myself.)  I also
tried running makefmt from a dos window and also got a "General
Protection Exception".  (I tried the same makefmt command that worked on
NT.)  What is this error, and what should I do about it?

Thanks,
Karen

------- end of forwarded message -------