texlive server (rep. 1)

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
20 Jan 2000 11:03:58 +0100

* Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Staszek Wawrykiewicz writes:
>> TL5-alpha3, Jan 18 2000 =======================

Yes, definitely thanks for all your comments.

>> /setupw32/texshell32/ should be updated from CTAN.  texshell.ini
>> should be corrected:

old>  Preview=windvi -1 "%P%F.dvi"
new>  Preview=windvi -single "%P%F.dvi"

> under Fabrice's control, that bit

Long standing bug. I'll correct.

>> Using frequently TL CD on win32 gives always the same problem: most
>> users do complain that while inserting the CD, the setup is always
>> started.  Can we consider removing autorun.exe and starting setup
>> only when desired?  It is not problem for me, by please think about
>> most simply users and such idiotic bahaviour of M$ Windows.

> Fabrice, I'll leave this with you

The autorun I used was advertised with a feature that would prevent it
to run if the program was already installed. Obviously I just believed
the statement and didn't test it actually :-( Next time, I'll check.

>> I know that bin/i586-win32/ is more informative, but I prefer just
>> bin/win32/ . Fabrice, can you reconsider it? In Win making, e.g.,
>> `cd i586-win32' from the command line is not so straightforward as
>> on Unix ;-)

> I do not care much either way. Over to Fabrice...

yes, you are  probably right. This   was to state  that those programs
won't run (?) on something less than an i586. And now that Thanh wants
to put mingw32 support, we will have a problem. The Gnu standard would
be to use something like i586-pc-win32. The  Thomas Esser standard was
a bit shorter. I agree that win32 is easier, but leaves less
opportunities for variants.

Fabrice