the CSTeX is missing on sun2.dante.de

Petr Olsak olsak@math.feld.cvut.cz
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:36:20 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I have roughly looked into TeX implementation on sun2.dante.de, may be the
prototype of the future TeXlive 5 distribution. I am surprising that CSTeX
is missing here because I assumed that the new distribution is derived
from TeXlive 4, where CSTeX is present and working well.

Only the lines TEXINPUTS.* from CSTeX are presnet in web2c/texmf.cnf.

If we need a new re-implementation of CSTeX into sun2, it is possible to
do following: Get the

csplain.tar.gz
csfonts.tar.gz
cspsfonts.tar.gz
csfonts-t1.tar.gz
cslatex.tar.gz

from ftp://math.feld.cvut.cz/pub/cstex/web2c/
and untar these archives to texmf tree. That is all.

I will not do this work because I heared that the changes on texmf tree
have to be done by the more difficult way in order the all changes in
texmf tree will be logged something.

I will test the result of this implementation of CSTeX immediately.
May be some little configuration changes will be needed.

Thank you

Petr Olsak