TL5b setup etc.

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:26:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Tested setup and TeX stuff on Linux
===================================
It seems that everything works fine, as well from admin as from BLU point
of view. Many thanks for Sebastian at all!
Some compromise we've made will be welcomed by the normal user, i hope...

Only some small corrections:

1.
Typo error in install-cd.sh:
VARTEXTEXMF (Directory for local config)    : /usr/TeX/texmf-var
   ======
--------
2.
basic install made mllatex.fmt and mltex.fmt ??
Do you know anybody using ml[la]tex? It is OK for `recommended' install.

--------
3.
`Recommended instal.' After some messages:
  I will now create the filename database,
  add /usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux to your PATH, and run
     texconfig init
  to initialize your system and create
  format files. The log of this will be placed in
  /usr/TeX/texconfig.log

  You should make sure that /usr/TeX/bin/i386-linux
  is added to your PATH for future sessions.

the user have to wait long time without any message like:
`Please wait...' or something.
(it the background all formats are generated)

--------
4.
would you please changing:
 texmf/doc/latex/platex/R22.MPS
 texmf/doc/latex/platex/TSTLATEX.TEX
to lowercase: r22.mps, tstlatex.tex (i hate Win ;-)

--------

Thanks,

Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl