texlive 5

Arthur Ogawa ogawa@teleport.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 18:00:06 -0700

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Arthur Ogawa writes:

> as translators, you mean? good question. we have a Czech person
> waiting (must add her to the list...)

Give me the details, and I will do it.

>  > 2. We cannot possibly create a fully-fledged manual of the above scope in
>  > time. We need to exercise triage already.

> no, you (or whoever) need to delegate!

OK, I propose to send out a call for help. What say you?

A post on c.t.t

An email message to all recipients of the TL4.

Appeals to Alan Hoenig and the authors of the 4TeX manual...

> someone has to take this documentation project, and really _drive_ it
> to the end.

Yes. I should resign as TUG secretary; that would give me the time.

> ...How many documentation projects can you think of in TeX
> World that have started off with grand ambitions, and fizzled out?

A depressing thought.

> ...I
> can think of many, starting with a book which UKTUG planned in 1988,
> called "The Tex Companion". the chapter I wrote ended up as the LaTeX
> Graphics Companion, 8 years later.....

And how you have been bitten and are twice as shy. Inevitable.

--
Art