Notes on TL5 (Nov 16)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:15:19 +0000 (GMT)

Fabrice Popineau writes:
 > sure they do compile cleanly, I'd like to upload them to
 > sun2.dante.de. All the material needed to build the win32 version will
 > be there. I can't simply upload binaries, because .pool files are not
 > compatible any more for the moment. The question : what is the best
 > way to upload those files ?

put them on your web server, and do a wget when logged into
sun2.dante.de. thats what I do.

when you do it, I'll recompile for Linux, Solaris and Alpha and other
people could try too

 > - is it interesting to add jpeg support in libtiff ? If yes, the jpeg
 > library will be required.

this is for TIFF images compressed with JPEG internally? I suppose
someone will want it if you don't provide it. But the TIFF stuff in
pdftex is immature at present, I'd suggest waiting a bit

Sebastian