[tex-k] Speed of kpsewhich when querying the repertories of the TeX installation

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sat May 2 20:20:09 CEST 2015

> TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS="/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents"
> export TEXMFSYSVAR="$TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS/TexmfSysVar"
> export TEXMFLOCAL="$TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS/TexmfLocal"
> [...]

But with such environment variables the log files of
tex/latex/etc..  compilations now display the faked
symlinked paths, not the absolute physical ones.

I am now with (perhaps not efficient, I am no proficient
bash user)

TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS="/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents"
export TEXMFSYSVAR="`cd -P $TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS/TexmfSysVar && pwd`"
export TEXMFLOCAL="`cd -P $TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS/TexmfLocal && pwd`"
export TEXMFDIST="`cd -P $TEXDISTRIBCONTENTS/Root/texmf-dist && pwd`"
export TEXMFMAIN="$TEXMFDIST"
export SYSTEXMF="$TEXMFSYSVAR:$TEXMFLOCAL:$TEXMFDIST"
export TEXMFHOME="/Users/---/Library/texmf"

I must restart a shell after switching distributions.

Jean-François