[tex-k] Bug or clarification? "/undefined in uageLevel"

Christian Zietz czietz at gmx.net
Tue Oct 21 22:03:04 CEST 2014

Oleg,

Komarov, Oleg schrieb:

> I am simply calling "epstopdf a.eps" and I get the following output:
>
> |Error: /undefined in uageLevel:
> Operand stack:

I investigated a little further: It seems that the problem occurs only
with MikTeX epstopdf and only if two things come together:
"%%BoundingBox: (atend)" in the header of the EPS file and Unix-style
line endings, meaning only LF and not CR+LF as it is customary in Windows.

My little example b.eps -- see attachment -- also shows this problem.
You're free to use this file if you choose to file a bug for MikTeX,
which I would recommend.

However, a quick workaround would be to reencode your EPS files to have
Windows-style line endings.

Regards,
Christian
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz at gmx.net