[tex-k] kpathsea and compilation by a web server

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Feb 27 23:26:22 CET 2014

On 2014-02-27 at 19:00:18 +0100, mario chiari wrote:

 > Hi
 >
 > my first post on this list.  I hope it is the proper forum to ask
 > help for my problem.

Hi Mario,
it's not necessary to ask on this list too.

Even if you think that kpathsea is the culprit, Karl Berry is
subscribed to the TeX Live list as well.  Furthermore, I'm convinced
that it's not a kpathsea problem at all.

It's not advisable to invoke latex like this:

  /usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/i386-linux/latex --interaction \
  batchmode myfile.tex

The preferred way is to add the TeX Live bin/ directory to PATH:

  PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2013/bin/i386-linux:$PATH \
    latex --interaction batchmode myfile.tex

After all, I recommend to continue the discussion on the TeX Live
list, simply because there are much more listeners and because I'm
convinced that kpathsea isn't the culprit.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25