[tex-k] kpsewhich --help is unwieldy

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Dec 4 23:15:20 CET 2014

Julian,

    I just typed kpsewhich --help and the output reached (on my
    80-character width screen) 522 lines, which is unhelpful.

What's the --version output?  I don't get that.  My output is 94 lines
and does not include any expanded paths, just recognized suffixes.

I do seem to recall outputting the expanded paths at some point, but I
checked back and it doesn't seem to be in any release going back many
years.  Are you using a distro's kpsewhich, or original TL?

Best,
Karl