[tex-k] ipc and tex

Tom Rokicki rokicki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 00:38:06 CET 2013

Right; if this is the same as the ipc functionality I put in nearly 30 years
ago, remember that this simply communicated information about completed
pages to a dvi previewer when machines were hundreds of times slower.

Almost certainly these days it is no longer interesting.  Frankly I would
simply remove any documentation of these features completely.  They
were a bandaid for when processing a file could take many minutes and
people wanted to preview parts of the dvi file as TeX was still running on
the remainder.

-tom

--
--  http://cube20.org/  --  http://golly.sf.net/  --