[tex-k] Building standalone kpathsea

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 22:57:13 CEST 2013

Oleg, hello.

On 2013 Apr 15, at 21:47, Oleg Parashchenko <olpa at uucode.com> wrote:

> However, you might need additional setup:
>
> http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-k/2010-April/002153.html
> http://uucode.com/blog/2010/04/28/running-tex-tools-from-non-standard-locations/

Aha!  Thanks for that.

I have in fact been struggling with this very problem.  I thought that all I had to do was to to invoke kpse_set_program_name with the path to a program which _does_ live in the 'standard' place (for example /usr/texbin/tex on my platform).  That is, I 'lie' to the kpathsea library about where my program actually is.  I'm sure that did work in an earlier version of my program, but it doesn't seem to quite work, now, and I've still got to get to the bottom of why not.  I'm not quite stuck yet, but I'll bear in mind your trick of setting the environment variables.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk