[tex-k] Unable to access documentation files using TeXdoc-GUI

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Apr 30 23:43:02 CEST 2012

Hi David,

first of all, this is not the right list to ask these questions, it
os for the *development* of TeX and related programs, not for questions
concerning installations. You will be much better of asking at
comp.text.tex, where many people regularly answer.

for the TeX Live development.

On Do, 26 Apr 2012, DJBafia_(dB) wrote:
> When I run TeXdoc-GUI and go to look at /any/ documents in /any/ of the
> documentation browser lists, a pop-up Windows/DOS command window appears
> with the following error:
>
>     /Cannot access file D:\Program/

Yeah, texdoctk does not support spaces in paths, AFAIR.
You should have used the default installation path we offer, namley
c:\texlive\2011 or changed it to d:\texlive\2011.

> Can I have spaces in the folder names in the path that points to the
> documents?

Yes you can, but texdoctk does not support it.

YOu can use the command line (cmd shell) and
	texdoc
to search and view documents, that *should* work, but I cannot guarantee.

Best wishes

Norbert