[tex-k] IPC and TeX

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 23:00:25 CEST 2011

Juan, hello.

On 30 Sep 2011, at 11:33, Juan Batiz-Benet wrote:

> I want to build a very efficient server to render (la)tex. The idea is not to hit disk at all, if it can be avoided, and just write everything via sockets. It seems that I should be using --ipc, but I can find no documentation of it anywhere. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Depending on precisely what it is you're aiming to do, you might be interested in looking at Jonathan Fine's 'TeX Daemon'.  The last reference I can find to it is from 2001 <http://www.ntg.nl/eurotex/fine.pdf>, but ... no, correction: Jonathan's put the code on bitbucket <https://bitbucket.org/jfine/texlike-daemon>.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk